Learn More About SHAKEOLOGY »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Home stretch!

We are in the final day of the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse and we're surviving!

The bizarre cravings are still there - this morning it's Chef Boyadree Beefaroni in a can. Haven't had that in YEARS... yesterday it was vegetable broth (which is actually not a bad option!), Kincaid's cheeseburger and fries and chili cheese fritos. I'm still trying to figure out if it's my body craving something or if it's just a psychological thing (wanting what you "can't" have). Who knows!

Part of me, honestly, wanted to throw in the towel last night. As I drove home from Fort Worth last night, I passed a slew of "tastes good but NOT good for ya" chains - Taco Bell, Taco Cabana, Panda Express, Whataburger, Wendys and the list goes on and on. And while I haven't eaten fast food in quite some time, I had to keep saying to myself as I drove by the exit...NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS LEAN FEELS... and I just kept picturing me and Jimmy on the beach in Mexico! And I kept driving. Jimmy and I were talking about it before bed last night and he brought up a good point - I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't finish this.

And he's right.

Far too many times, I begin things and then crap out just before the end. It's like I can see the finish line, but the folding chair that the spectators are sitting in looks much more comfortable than going the distance. I'm trying to be better about that.

But not this time...this time I'm in it to win it! Only a couple of hours left! And I still have 2 apples, 2 shakes and a huge salad to go!!!

I'm looking forward to sitting down with Jimmy tonight to make a food gameplan (a list!) for the coming two months. Now that life is semi-normal, I'm looking forward to being able to cook dinner and having different options!

For my last round of ChaLEAN Extreme I used Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint as a food guide - really cut out most carbs and I saw great results. I'm thinking of adding back things like brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal and black beans. Turbo Fire is getting ready to be released and so I want to make sure that my body will get the fuel it needs and so I can maintain my weight (and adding a few pounds will be a goal!).

Tomorrow I'll be all cleaned out and ready to start physical training. Will continue with P90X workouts mixed in with Turbo Jam Get on the Ball cardio workouts until Turbo Fire is released. Jimmy and I will both post daily about our two month "Mexico Mad Dash". We'd love if you wanted to join us on the this two month journey - it's going to be clean food and tough workouts - so if you're up for the challenge, let me know!!!

I'll post final thoughts on the cleanse tomorrow. If you want more info on Shakeology, click here!

Have a great day and take a baby step toward improving your lifestyle today!

0 comments: