Learn More About SHAKEOLOGY »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shake shake shake

After a weekend of indulgence and with a beach vacation two months away, Jimmy and I decided to start the two month training with the Shakeology cleanse.

What's that, you ask?

Here it is in a nutshell - 3 servings of Shakeology, 2 pieces of fruit and a large salad for dinner. Not a lot of calories, but extremely nutrient dense - so you're body is really able to get rid of the garbage!

I'd never done this type of a cleanse before, so I'm not really sure how my body will react. And I'm not doing it to drop weight - just to clean out the plumbing!

Day 1 was interesting to say the least!

Got up and made a shake to sip on during my morning commute. Put water and LOTS of ice, so it's like a Wendy's frosty! That was great - and I thought, ok, I can do this. I love the taste of Shakeology, so being able to have it three times was going to be a treat!

Then came the cravings.

Weird cravings.

I haven't eaten red meat in close to 4 years and I've eaten chicken maybe half a dozen times in those 4 years. But all of a sudden, I start getting REALLY strong cravings for things like meatloaf and mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, burgers, cheese pizza, chips and salsa...and the list went on and on.

Hold it...I'm NOT pregnant.

I guess my body was getting rid of the crap and, like packrats trying to have a garage sale, my body was like "are you sure you don't want to keep some of this?!?!". Nope.

I managed to get through the work day and have my last shake before it was time to go to Fit Club. Jimmy and I were both starving and couldn't wait to get home to eat our LARGE salads!! In the Shakeology webinar, they say that you should do it for three days, but you could do it for one or two. We were so ready to eat at this point that the one day cleanse sounded pretty good!

But we are in training - and that means being thrust out of your comfort zone so your body can change!

So we're in it for the duration.

Fit Club was a challenge for both of us (we both lead it - Jimmy doing extreme versions and I do modifications) - we did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster and Turbo Fire. We were shaking and lightheaded by the end. I think I burned as many calories as I'd consumed in the entire day - just in that short 45 minute span (thank you, Chalene Johnson!).

We were toast!

We rushed home and made the best salads in the whole world - colorful, flavorful (it was basically a clean out the fridge kind of salad!!!) and we got lean protein - Jimmy had chicken and I had fish. We savored each bite - it was a good end to the day. (sorry to cut this part short - my mouth is watering!!!)

Woke up this morning and hopped on the scale (I don't usually weigh myself, but I'm doing it daily just for the purpose of the cleanse). I'm down 3.5 pounds. I will continue to monitor it over the next two days. Don't want to drop too much, but at the same time, I need to clean the crap out before I can start sculpting for the beach vacation!!!

Didn't workout this morning. Probably should've. Get it out of the way while my energy is highest. If all goes well today, I'll hit the gym tomorrow morning.

Sipping on green tea now - will probably have 1/2 of an apple in an hour - and maybe some coffee. It's going to be a great day!

I'm really excited at what the next two months have in store for me and Jimmy. We have an amazing vacation planned for the beginning of August - Azul Sensatori is where we'll be spending five glorious days! We are going to buckle down and really see what we're made of the next two months!

We'd love to hear what your goals are - what motivates you - and what we can do to help you achieve them!

0 comments: