Learn More About SHAKEOLOGY »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ebb and flow


Jimmy and I escaped for the holiday weekend. We were both itching for an exhale and the Memorial Day holiday proved to be the perfect time!

We drove down to Austin Friday afternoon and met up with one of our Beachbody coaches - Paul Smith & his lovely wife Jodena! We had an amazing dinner overlooking Lake Travis.

Before setting out on Saturday to walk around downtown, we made a plan. We could exhale and eat, drink and be merry this weekend, then when we got back, it would be a 2 month countdown until our Mexico vacation. So we agreed that we would enjoy ourselves and then it was hardcore training starting Tuesday!

Saturday was spent roaming around downtown Austin. We found it to be a little empty especially since all the hotels in the area were booked for the holiday weekend - we later figured out that most people hit the rivers during the day and saved bar hopping for the evening! We popped in and out of bars and restaurants and even strolled by the Capitol Building! We had a lot of fun - it was really relaxing (hot...but relaxing!) We ended our day on the early side knowing we'd get up at a decent time to hit the San Marcos River before the crowds.

Sunday was a blast - neither of us had been tubing, so we didn't really know what to expect. It was so relaxing. It was tamer than I thought it was going to be and the float was supposed to be an hour to an hour and a half, but it seemed more like 45 minutes. We stopped between float #1 & 2 for lunch - great little spot at the end of the river. Floats 2 & 3 were equally nice. I think next time we'll try to get to a river that's a bit of a longer time in the water. It was a cheap way to relax and enjoy the sun!

Sunday night we decided to go back to Austin - food options are better and it's a bit closer to home. Smart move - we had some of the best Mexican food - Guerro's Taco Bar. I've had a lot of fish tacos, but MAN - these were so good! Then next door, they had a patio with a band so we sat under the trees and chilled.

Monday was the trek home - not bad - we both felt the weekend of indulgence catching up to us. So we decided to do the Shakeology 3 day cleanse to jump start our 2 months of training!

Today is Day 1!

People do cleanses for different reasons. I'm not trying to drop weight from it - just trying to detox from all the crap that I put in my body of the weekend! Kinda like hitting the restart button! I haven't done anything like this before, so I'm anxious to see how my energy levels are and what the end result will be. Not sure that I'll post specific measurements, but I'll blog about how it's going.

And I'll also go through our 2 month training - what we're eating, the workouts, motivation, etc. So stay tuned for that. We're both excited not only to see the progress, but to know that we've got an amazing trip at the end of it! In the coming days, I'll post pics of the resort.

I guess the point of the blog is that everyone should be able to let their hair down every once in a while - I'm a very big believer in "everything in moderation". If you don't cut yourself a little slack now and then you go can go a little nuts!

So anybody that wants to do this two months of buckle down with me and Jimmy, let me know - we love having people around us to keep us motivated and on track!

0 comments: